My thoughts on helldivers 2 after playing it for a few days
Offline panda

SmG Member
3 Years of Service
Threads: 22
Likes Given: 1
Discord: UAV#1357
Sad  My thoughts on helldivers 2 after playing it for a few days

First off I don't usually play third person shooters but when i *do* play them it's almost always PvE because PvP feels unbalanced to me due to peakers advantage that a lot of third person shooter games with PvP contain , so this game only having PvE was a selling point for me and so far the devs have confirmed that there won't be any PvP update. Back to the point and a TL;DR: i really enjoyed it and give it an 8/10 personally

GAMEPLAY:

You start off with a tutorial (The dialogue of which is hilarious or cringe depending on your sense of humor) after which you get a starship hub location from where you can traverse planets and sectors and do the usual hub location stuff (customisation and the likes) , the graphics on the game are absolutely amazing and the maps are huge with multiple missions along with side quests that are actually rewarding and they don't even feel repetitive (something I tried to personally to confirm after watching other reviews so I replayed a lot of stuff) . You progress by unlocking new armors which gives you extra buffs & different skills and there's air drops called stratergems that you can call mid mission that can aid you in various ways. Overall the general gameplay loop is pretty satisfying even if you die a lot and the shooting was incredibly reminiscent of star wars battlefront EA to an extent but the extra mechanics and physics makes the difference.  The two enemy factions you get to fight against which are alien bugs and alien robots (terminids and automatons) and a total of 18 enemy types with different abilities. There are 53 sectors with a total of 253 planets but a lot of the planets will probably feel a bit similar because a lot of them are procedural and not hand made. But each still feels incredibly fun to play on.

STORY:

Basically the storyline is exactly the same as starship troopers and is a satire with lots of political war humor here and there. The only difference is that the main protagonist force in the storyline is the helldivers which are a special force while Starship troopers had a whole army that was the protagonist faction and like starship troopers , the enemies are Alien bug species BUT there's a new robot faction as well. There's references to political humor In map Easter eggs which might not be apparent to some people but those personally felt pretty hilarious.

To wrap things up , there's a bunch of fake steam pages scamming people by posing as the helldivers steam page so if you find any steam page which has a 75% or 85% off on Helldivers , it's a scam. The game just came out last month and no way would it be that cheap even if it was extremely bad.
02 Mar 2024, 09:39 AM
Find Reply
Offline Mohireza

SmG Member
4 Years of Service
Threads: 6
Likes Given: 1
Discord: Mohireza #4816
Gamer
RE: My thoughts on helldivers 2 after playing it for a few days

I might give it a try as well when I'm done with DRG.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts tho
[Image: Mohireza_banner.gif]
12 Mar 2024, 05:16 AM
Find Reply